Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ikea Hacker

I'm obsessed with a new blog called Ikea Hacker. It's where readers post projects they've done that use Ikea products in a different way. I'm in love with the computer/ cookbook stand made from shelving brackets and kitchen cabinet pulls. I also really liked the garbage bag holder to hang on the cabinet door under the sink. These seemed like simple projects I could do. Of course I would love to create built-ins with Billy bookcases, but that seems so involved and time consuming. I'm all about instant gratification!

I went to Ikea tonight with my mom. It was her very first time being there, so of course we spent 4 hours perusing all the little vignettes and oohhing and awwing over the beautiful kitchens and scoffing at the cheap feeling dressers. I knew I wanted to try one of the hacks, so I picked up a Kvarta clock to the tune of $5.99. Here is the project I plan to do. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments: