Thursday, March 3, 2011

More Owls!

I am officially obsessed with owls.  I found these super cute owl Valentine cards from Living Locurto blog and I HAD to use them for Audrey's little daycare friends.  Since babies can't do the whole Conversation Heart candy thing, I opted to sew them each a little owl.  They turned out so cute!  I got the pattern from the Rubber Punkin.  You can also check out Homemade by Jill's crinkly version.  I used fleece for the bodies (since I already had it) and used felt, ribbon, fabric, and batting that I already had.  Yay to fun and free projects!  The babies all loved them and the daycare lady placed an order for me to make a couple more for her two young grandsons for their Easter baskets.  I can't wait to get started on them!
Aren't they so cute with the ribbons as their little wings and feet??  Notice the feet ribbon from the gift bags at Baby Gap?  I'm officially turning into my MIL and saving WAY too many craft items!  (Love you Patsy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute! I'm obsessed, too. Welcome to the club! :)