Sunday, February 7, 2010

Onesies

Before Nathan was born, I had read in a Martha Stewart Kids magazine that some moms had made onesies with their babies birth info on them and used it as a birth announcement. Thinking it was such a cute idea, I did the same. I typed up all the info into word art on Word and reversed the print so it looked backwards. I then printed it onto iron transfer paper and ironed it onto a onesie. Here is Nathan's picture from his birth announcement when he was two weeks old.


Now I needed to do something with this cute outfit to save my handiwork. I decided to put it in a shadow box that I could hang in his nursery. I added some other keepsakes from the hospital, like his hat, comb, bracelets, and I'm a Boy stats card. I added cute stickers, just to make it fun.


Once Audrey was born, I knew I had to do the same for her. Here is her picture at four weeks old and shadow box. I lined hers with pink paper and added pink flowers. Also, the nurse had put her little foot print on the stats card, as a keepsake. I think it turned out really cute.

1 comment:

One small family in one big world. said...

I read the same article and we did the same thing for Nolan! Too Funny!